We’re Hiring a Junior Graphic Designer!
InMarket Sales & Service Inc. is looking to hire a Junior Graphic Designer on a 3 month contract. The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating and producing graphic arts and visual materials for company and client communications and platforms including print, digital, online, mobile, and video formats. The designer will provide deliverables that elevate, differentiate, and function on-brand and on-strategy. We want someone with strong creative and technical skills, a keen eye for detail, and who can handle multiple projects at once – seeing projects from ideation to production in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Creative Services Manager, Manager, Marketing Services, Account Managers, and Account Directors to create innovative design briefs and materials within the constraints of cost and time.
- Develop branded marketing and sales collateral, graphics, templates, and tools.
- Manage, coordinate, produce, and design print and digital advertisements for client publications from concept through to completion.
- Estimate the time required to complete the work and provide quotes for clients.
- Develop design briefs that suit client needs and brands.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and develop interactive designs.
- Review deliverables to ensure all submitted material is high-quality, accurate, meets print and/or online requirements, and IAB standards.
- Retouch and colour correct images as necessary.
- Assist clients and alternate stakeholders with advanced technical issues.
- College diploma or university degree in graphic design.
- At least 2+ years of experience in graphic design.
- Portfolio of professional work demonstrating strategic thinking, creative problem solving, and excellent design execution.
- Strong knowledge of page layout and photographic requirements and manipulation, printing/publishing procedures, and standards.
- Proficiency in Mac O/S 10x, Adobe CS6 (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Digital ad building and CMS platform experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback from team and clients.
- HTML5 and CSS skills, responsive design/programming, and image optimization considered assets.
- Typography, font management, and illustration considered assets.
- Video production and motion graphics considered assets.
Successful candidate will be required to work in the office and will share an office with the Creative Services Manager.
Successful candidate will report directly to the Creative Services Manager and the Manager, Marketing Services.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples to email@example.com with “Junior Graphic Designer” in the subject line by September 15.